Sun, 30 Oct|
SCWE EOH & Speed Show at CAVE
Welcome to our first Show for the season!
Time & Location
30 Oct 2022, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Cave, Cave 7984, New Zealand
About The Event
What class should I enter?
· Designed for new to the sport people or new to the sport horses. You can walk or trot the whole course. Some obstacles must be walked as in the pickup the pole, spear the ring and deposit the pole. You can have a support person but if they guide your horse physically through and obstacle you cannot score higher that 5 out of 10 on that obstacle.
· There is no gate and no sidepass and no speed round
· A lot of leeway is given in the judging to ensuring the horse is not frightened, over faced or that the round negatively impacts the horse. Open to people over 13 years of age. Younger than that get a Youth course, that is the same and has the same criteria.
· The next level up, you are expected to trot between each obstacle. Some obstacles must be trotted like single slalom and double slalom. A lot of Preparatory obstacles can be walked e.g. Spear ring and jump. You cannot have a support person but you can have a caller.
· Gates can be included but the side pass is not.
· Now it begins to get a bit more taxing. Canter is required to be shown between all obstacles.
· No obstacle are done in canter except the jump and bank which can be cantered or trotted.
· There is side pass, required trot at pick up pole and spear ring and deposit stick, and a gate is usually present. It can be designated a reverse gate.
· The horse is to be demonstrating a bit more finesse, showing some roundness and acceptance of the aids.
· Canter between obstacle and some obstacles are cantered, e.g. two and three barrels, and spear ring. The stockyard can be cantered. All lead changes are simple through trot. The horse is expected to be showing greater precision and horizontal balance.